Zertifikat für Interkulturelle Kompetenz
The BIMUN Lecture Series is part of Studium Universale and a core component of the Certificate of Intercultural Competence program at the University of Bonn. Our program has been going strong since 2005 and has welcomed speakers from across Germany and around the world.
How can I get the BIMUN Lecture Series to count toward my Certificate of Intercultural Competence?
1. Attend at least ten of the twelve lectures and Emerging Scholar Workshops (ESWs)
2. Write a brief (1 page) reflection on each lecture. At the top of the sheet, please include your name and email address. Weekly reflections should include the date of attendance, name of lecturer and title of presentation.
3. At the end of the semester, submit your reflections to the Lecture Series Directors via email at and by 23 July 2021.
4. The Lecture Series Directors will review your submission. If the reflections meet the qualifications listed in points one, two and three, a digital Certificate of Participation will be sent to you in pdf format.
5. Upload both your reflections and the digital Certificate of Participation to your Mobility-Online Profile for review by the International Office.
1. You can also collect 2.5 points for each lecture toward Component D2 if they have not already been counted toward component B. To get credit for attending individual lectures, write a brief (1 page) reflection and submit them to the Lecture Series Directors in accordance with guidelines 2 and 3 (above). You will not receive Certificate of Attendance for attending individual lectures under component D2. If your brief reflection meets the requirements stated in guidelines 2 and 3, the Lecture Series Director will respond to your submission via email to certify your attendance. The email response can be uploaded to Mobility-Online under Component D2.
2. If you attend all twelve of this semester’s lectures and ESWs you can get full credit for Component B (by attending 10 of the 12 lectures) AND 5 points toward Component D2 (2.5 for each of the two remaining lectures attended). Points cannot be counted twice. For example, if you count a lecture toward Component B, it cannot also be counted toward Component D2.