The debating sessions in the committees start daily at 09:00h and will aprox. end at 17:30h. As debates can be exhausting at times, coffeebreaks and a lunch breaks will be provided for the participants. Every night, there will be another social event offering you the possibility to get to know the UN city of Bonn and of course to make friends among your fellow delegates and journalists.
During the Conference:
How to find your way & all necessary information
Our delegate’s handbook handed out to the delegates at the opening ceremony together with the Executive Committee will guide you through the Conference and to the venues.
How much is the participation fee?
The participation fee for the BIMUN/SINUB-Conference 2018 amounts to 95€. The fee includes lunch at WZB, coffeebreaks and the entrance to all the socials.
Furthermore, delegates can purchase a public transportation ticket for 10€ via BIMUN/SINUB for the time of the conference. We highly recommend it to you because public transport is needed every day.
Dress code for the socials:
Opening Ceremony/ Reception/ Closing Ceremony: Western business attire
Saturday: free choice
Sunday – Winterwonderland Party: feel free to choose an outfit that you think fits best to the topic of Winterwonderland Party. You can come dressed as a Christmas tree, a snowflake, …
Monday – Gala: Dress up with formal attire for our Gala on the township boat
Dress Code for the Committee Sessions:
The appropriate dress code for participants during the conference would be „western business attire“. Depending on the country you represent, you can also wear traditional clothing and uniforms.
Tips for men:
- A formal shirt (normally not black) and a tie are essential for gentlemen.
- Jackets or suits are highly recommended.
- Shoes should be appropriate for formal or professional events.
- Don’t hesitate to wear color or patterns. It can help you stand out from the rest of the delegates.
Tips for women:
- Skirts and dresses should be at least knee-length and professional.
- Jewelry, make up and hairstyles can brighten up your look, but make sure to keep it modest.
- Shoes should look professional, too. This does not necessarily mean high heals. Flat shoes or two to three inch heels can also be an option. Keep in mind that you will have to wear your shoes all day and might also have to walk to the venue in them.
- Bringing a cardigan or blazer is highly recommended especially since it may be cold in the conference rooms. Additionally, they can make your outfit look more formal.